Takagi Yoshin Ryu
Takagi Yoshin Ryu (טקאגי יושין ריו) is a Jujutsu school. The techniques are designed to be applied in a very fast manner so the opponent cannot roll or escape. It is believed that it was a school for bodyguards. The school was organized by Takagi Oriemon Shigenobu, born 1635.
Takagi Yoshin Ryu jujutsu is also known as Takagi Yoshin Ryu jutaijutsu. (Bujinkan)
As with most other koryu, the densho (scrolls) are arranged in a particular order, and each waza (technique), kata (forms), etc are supposed to be learnt in the same order, mastering one before going on to the next one.
List of Takagi Yoshin Ryu techniques
|Different Ryu and schools in Takamazu-den|
- Shoden no Maki (Contains the beginner's forms)
- Shoden no Maki Ura Gata (Counters to the shoden no maki forms)
- Eri Jime Gata (Strangulations)
- Chuden no Maki (Contains the intermediate's forms)
- Tai no Kata (Body forms)
- Okuden no Kata (Advanced forms)
- Moguri Gata (Diving under forms)
- Daisho Sabaki (Unarmed forms, a long sword and short sword are worn at the sides while performing)
- Muto Dori (Unarmed defences against sword)