Flower sweep is a basic sweep from the guard aimed at pushing the opponent on his side and obtaining [[::Category:Attack from Mount|mount]]. It can also be used as a setup for many other techniques. This technique forms a part of the syllabus of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Judo and Budo Ninjutsu.
|Attack from guard|
|Normal cross choke|
|Reverse cross choke|
Description of Flower sweep
- Opponent begins to open the guard by sitting back. His first step involves blocking with his right knee so that your hip cannot move backward with him. However, this reduces his balance to the right.
- Left hand grabs his right hand collar with fingers, this prevent him from posting with his right hand.
- Right hand grabs his gi by his knee, this will help with the sweep and prevent opponent to transfer his weight to his left side.
- Left leg posts on the mat then hips rise and rotate to the right using the left leg as base. Right leg puts pressure on his left shoulder.
- Then right leg performs the sweep by pushing opponent to his right and obtaining mount. During the sweep, your left hand pulls his right hand and your right hand pushes and lifts his left leg.