Gyaku Nage no kata, Shirabe moguri gata level, Kukishin Ryu
Gyaku Nage, 逆投, גיאקו נאגה, lit. reverse throw, is a two participants drill, a kata, of the ancient martial art of Kukishinden Ryu. The syllabus and techniques of Kukishinden ryu are preserved in the Takamatsu den schools, Jinenekan, Bujinkan and AKBAN.
Gyaku nage kata forms a part of the advanced Shirabe Moguri Gata level of Kukishin Ryu.
Video of Gyaku Nage kata
Video of Gyaku Nage kata Variations
Description of Gyaku Nage
- The Uke, the training opponent, attacks with a right tsuki. The defender, Tori, upper blocks with his hand while evading with sabaki.
- Uke then attacks left tsuki punch with a step. Tori blocks Jodan Yuke while doing sabaki.
- Uke kicks with right leg. Tori blocks with left Daken to leg and does sabaki.
- Uke kicks with left leg. Tori blocks with right daken and does sabaki.
- Uke punches right tsuki with a step. Tori blocks with left Jodan Yuke and enters with finger punch to Asagasumi Kyusho point on Uke's face.
- Tori turns with left shoulder closer to Uke, and tries an Uchimata throw with his right leg.
- Uke reacts to Uchimata with his left Fudo Ken punch.
- Tori blocks Uke's punch with right Jodan Yuke, catches Uke's left wrist and returns by punching Uke with his left Kuma te.
- Uke blocks the punch with his right Jodan Yuke.
- Tori moves to his right while doing reverse Ura Gyaku lock on Uke's left wrist.
- Uke punches with right Fudo ken. Tori does sabaki to his right.
- Tori attacks again with left finger strike to Asagasumi Kyusho.
- Tori then changes oriantation, leaves Uke's left wirst and goes to asagasumi with his right hand while grabbing Uke's right wrist with his left hand. Tori then does osoto geri or Osto gake with his right foot.