- 1 Wrestling all over the world
- 2 Video of Nuba wrestling
- 3 Video of Mongolian wrestling
- 4 Video of Glima, Icelandic wrestling
- 5 Video of Schwingen, Swiss wrestling
- 6 Video of Güreş, Turkish wrestling
- 7 Video of Chidaoba Georgian wrestling
- 8 Video of Indian wrestling
- 9 Video of Greco Roman wrestling
- 10 Video of Olympic Freestyle Wrestling - Dan Gable
Wrestling all over the world
Wrestling is a major sport in many countries and have been so since antiquity. There are many wrestling styles indegenuos to cultures and sport organizations.
Most wrestling styles advocate minimal clothing thus forcing the opponents to use distinct holds and grips. Some modern martial sports that are a derivative of wrestling, such as Judo advocate using a jacket thus allowing many holds that are not possible on a bare torso.
Some wrestling styles use a short pant or a leather, cotton or silk belt to allow more control and enrich the technical syllabus.
Wrestling has a well documented history and ancient images of wrestling have been discovered in neolithic caves in Europe, in Japan depicting Sumo and in wall paintings in ancient Egypt.
Video of Nuba wrestling
Video of Mongolian wrestling
Video of Glima, Icelandic wrestling
Video of Schwingen, Swiss wrestling
Video of Güreş, Turkish wrestling
Video of Chidaoba Georgian wrestling
Video of Indian wrestling
Video of Greco Roman wrestling