Doron Navon's blessing to teach Ninjutsu. After analysing the videos I take during sessions and the performances during Grade exams, I thought that emphasizing several lines of work would be appropriate. These are next year's lines of work.This week we are starting a new training year (2014-2015). This is the 28th year of training since I got
- The Friday weapon session will diversify. We are continuing the sword and emotional modulation and will explore Short stick (Jogo De Pau). All AKBAN students are invited.
- Even though the general fitness in the grade exams was higher then ever, we will have some very robust session.
- Advanced practitioners in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv dojo will learn more Kata from the higher levels of the Ninjutsu Ryu. Another line of work will be Family defense and security. We will deal with improvised weapons, multiple opponents scenarios and advanced sabaki.
- I will video and work the beginning of lesson drills. We will perform impact drill each lesson (punching mitts, bag work or pad work).
- More seminars, Colloquium, outside sessions, "24" , And Desert gathering.
- Focus on dynamic work for Tatakai
- Outside teachers' seminars: Meditation, Jogo de Pau.
Using the name AKBANOur school does not work like a fast food franchise, it works like Universities do. Every instructor enjoys full independence while teaching the techniques that lead to a Black belt. This independence comes with full responsibility of each instructor over his own dojo. Thus, each instructor can bring into fruition a personal perspective and abilities and contribute his knowledge to the technical data base that forms the AKBAN database. Choosing whether to give the name AKBAN is a personal creed of the head of each dojo who is also a student in central dojo under Yossi Sheriff. The instructor leads his dojo, but chooses to continue and develop as a part of a community that follows the ethical code of AKBAN.