Very interesting and original paper on the military capabilities of Israel against Sunni and Shiite hegemonies.
As a practitioner of the mainly symbolic discipline I do, it is a good reality check.
Here’s an excerpt,
The study assesses that a Sunni military threat, either with or without Turkey, could rapidly and unexpectedly emerge. The current combined military capability of the Sunni states is relatively limited compared to that of Israel, but over the long term, Israel would likely prove unable to maintain the decisive technological superiority it now possesses versus the current Sunni militaries. In such a scenario, Israel’s current exaggerated emphasis on combat with non-state light infantry, located within urban areas, under counter-insurgency rules of engagement would combine to compromise its long-term ability to cope with a Sunni conventional combined arms threat that could arise in the future.
- Creating a comprehensive (physical-internal) fitness training for the environment of a prison / small room / refugee camp.
- Music (together with Ran Lev Ari, Yaniv Meisel, Yoni Ben Dor):
- Sympathetic music for fighting and practicing katas
- Parasympathetic music for Detant Niradin
(After several years of focusing on the rhythm we are working on in parallel on melody, harmonies and human voice)
- Writing a video course:
- Long stick
- Short stick
- Short Chain
- Traditional sword in the 21st century
- Writing a full online course, for beginners Ninjutsu.
- Completing Detant Niradin 49 video lessons for a total of 100 video lessons.
- Ongoing Detant Niradin development (work in progress with Nir Adin)
- Creating an independent training core suitable for seniors using three new kata.
- Integration of mudra to the independent training kernel.
- Creating a method for personal mind-body recipes.
- Integrating the music project for morning training
- Continue collecting current and relevant links in the blog.
- Editing several hundred techniques we filmed in Athens and have not yet been published
- A dialogue with the instructors at AKBAN
- Writing an online Detant course for instructors.
- Continued improvement of the Akban website for knowledge (akban.org) and the Akban website for online training (akban-online.com)
- Changing the current Detant workshop (with Micael Keren)
- Designing and manufacturing new Kusari.
And of course, training and teaching. Everything is built on this.
The tenets of police ideology are not codified or written down, but are nonetheless widely shared in departments around the country.
The ideology holds that the world is a profoundly dangerous place: Officers are conditioned to see themselves as constantly in danger and that the only way to guarantee survival is to dominate the citizens they’re supposed to protect. The police believe they’re alone in this fight; police ideology holds that officers are under siege by criminals and are not understood or respected by the broader citizenry. These beliefs, combined with widely held racial stereotypes, push officers toward violent and racist behavior during intense and stressful street interactions.
more at the (link)